Meet Dr. Hiran Fernando
Dr. Hiran Fernando was born in the Bronx, New York and grew up in Belvidere, Illinois. He attended college at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri. He then went on to complete dental school at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. After dental school, he completed a one year internship/teaching fellowship in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at The Ohio State University. He then completed a four year residency program in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Rochester in New York in 2011. After completion of his specialty training, he became Board Certified in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Dr. Fernando is an accomplished concert violinist, enjoys cooking, biking, traveling and spending time with his family.
Dr. Fernando is a member of the following professional organizations:
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Diplomate
- American Dental Association
- Missouri Dental Association
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Missouri Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Greater St. Louis Dental Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Greater St. Louis Dental Society